via All Access:
MICHAEL SAVAGE has exited TALK RADIO NETWORK after winning in an arbitration against his longtime syndicator.
A message posted on his website reads, “After a grueling legal battle that cost him and his family dearly, MICHAEL SAVAGE can announce (that) he won! He is free at last. Free to work with whomever he wishes in the radio industry from today forward.
“MICHAEL will not be heard on the radio for some time, but you can keep up with him by logging onto michaelsavage.com every day for updates and by subscribing to his free newsletter at the top of his website.”
SAVAGE’s attorney DAN HOROWITZ told ASSOCIATED PRESSthat the host had been trying for two years to get out of his contract, which was 10 years old and prevented SAVAGE from changing syndicators. He added that SAVAGE, who he said spent over $900,000 on the case, won over $1 million and the right to all archived tapes of his show.
TRN CEO MARK MASTERS issued a brief release late THURSDAY saying, “We are all looking forward to announcing a bright future; radio’s OCTOBER Surprise will begin on MONDAY, OCTOBER 1st.”